Bracelets are one of the most beautiful jewellery that you can add to your collection. The charm and the elegance that bracelets hold, make you look stylish, confident and different from the crowd. Bracelets have been a part of women’s jewellery collection since quite a long time now. Women from ancient ages have been seen wearing bracelets for various reasons. Few used to wear them for religious and spiritual purposes, while some used to wear it as a fashion statement. Nowadays, a lot of women buy silver bracelet online and they get a lot of varieties, designs and patterns to choose from. There have been many reasons for wearing them but their demand has always increased with time.
Since bracelets these days have become more of a fashion accessory rather than being purchased for other purposes, you would always want them to be comfortable in your wrist. There are men who purchase bracelets and wear them 24/7 and do not take them out. Now, it becomes very important that the bracelet you buy is comfortable, lightweight and attractive at the same time so that it can be worn for a longer period of time without causing any rashes, skin burns or any other discomforts.
For a bracelet or any other jewellery to be comfortable on your body, it is extremely important to choose the right size. When it comes to bracelets, selecting the right size is very important which should neither be too tight to cause bruises and burns nor should be too loose to fall off from your hands time and again. In this guide, we will be providing you with the complete details to select the right size of the bracelet so that it does not cause any discomfort for you even if you wear them the whole day or every day.
Regular Bracelets with Chain or Locks
Unlike bangles, regular bracelets have locks and are usually loose to the wrist. It becomes very important to select the right size because chain bracelets being loose, tend to fall and might cause more discomfort.
- To start with, you will need a measuring tape. If you do not have a measuring tape, you can go with a piece of paper or a string which you can wrap around your wrist and do the markings.
- Above your wrist bone, wrap the measuring tape or the string and mark the place where both the ends overlap with each other. This is your wrist size.
- Now, depending upon how tight or loose you want your bracelet to be, you can add ¼ to half-inch to the actual measured size. In general, people take half-inch extra from their actual wrist size and it fits perfectly but again, it’s your call at the end.
- If you are using a plain paper for measurement, after wrapping around the paper on your wrist, put it back on the table and add those extra inches you want and mark them. Your size will be easily identifiable.
Measurement for BanglesBangles are not worn loose and they do not hang down like chain bracelets. Also, they do not have any locks and this is the reason they have to be pushed inside from your wrists itself unless they get settled on your hand. If you do not select the right size, tight bangles will be very difficult to wear and remove while loose bangles will always come in your way during daily chaos and have chances to fall. If you have a good fitting bangle, simply measure its diameter and when you buy sterling silver bracelets, just mention the size you already have. In case you don't have the size, here is how you can measure it.
- Take a measuring tape or a plane piece of paper to wrap around your wrist.
- Narrow your fingers as much as possible by squeezing them towards the centre of your palm like you are trying to wear a bangle.
- Now, wrap the measuring tape on the widest part of your squeezed hand keeping in mind that the knuckles of your thumb are the widest part on one side and will go towards the knuckles of the little finger.
- Wrap the tape between those 2 widest parts of your hand and note the measurement. This measurement will be the circumference of your hand.
- Show this to the place from where you are purchasing the bangles and you will get the right one for yourself.